houdini fx training
cinema 4d training
after effects training
vfx specials training
real-time & interactive
V-Ray for Houdini FX
TRAINING COURSE – V-Ray for Houdini FX
Powerful rendering for VFX
Chaosgroup V-RAY is one of the strongest production renderers in the field of VFX, product design and architecture & product visualization. Now it is finally available for sideFX Houdini FX.
This standard renderer is compatible with the versions for Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Foundry Nuke, creating a continuous rendering pipeline for studios as well as smaller productions.
Especially in the integration with sideFX Houdini 17.5 the feature set of this V-Ray integration is impressive:
- High-performance GPU & CPU rendering
- Fast, accurate illumination and rendering of VDB volumes through the V-Ray Volume Grid
- Easily transfer and override the properties of V-Ray scenes from applications such as Maya and 3ds Max.
- Full support for Alembic workflows including transformations, instancing and per object material overrides.
- New Physical Hair shader renders realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights.
- Drive shader parameters such as color, alpha and particle size through custom, per-point attributes.
- Fast and efficient handling of Houdini's native packed primitives at render time.
- Full support for material overrides based on groups, bundles and attributes.
- Supports copying any object type (including volumes) using Packed Primitives, Instancer, and "instancepath" attribute.
- Instancing of lights is supported, with options for per-instance overrides of the light parameters. Light link settings are kept.
And again the Highlights:
- HOUDINI 17 BANSHEE SUPPORT
- AI DENOISER IN IPR
- GPU MATERIAL ASSIGNMENTS
- GPU BUCKET RENDERING
- LIGHT SELECT RENDER ELEMENT SUPPORT
- TEXTURE BAKING
- V-RAY SCENE MATERIAL OVERRIDES
- UNIFIED WORKFLOW FOR CUSTOM ATTRIBUTES
In this training, you will learn to use this high-performance renderer in your production in a practical way. You'll learn the basics of V-Ray's render architecture, as well as integration with Houdini FX.
All training contents will be adapted to your individual needs. A free analysis is the basis of a successful learning. Therefore take the chance and feel free to contact us. After a first talk on the phone, we create an individualized plan according to the goals you wish to achieve.
If you are interested in a training by pixeltrain / Helge Maus, you can reach us by phone +43.699.10669979 or email info(at)pixeltrain.de. We will contact you as soon as possible for an informal talk.
Besides the training, we also provide detailed advice on the purchase of the software, consulting and project support during a production.
SideFX Houdini is the standard software for creating VFX in Hollywood blockbusters. One of the main reasons besides the powerful simulation tools can be found in the procedural approach of Houdini. This means, that you can generate extremely flexible and controllable setups. This procedural approach of Houdini FX runs through absolutely all areas of the 3D environment. Therefore, newcomers in this program often face a hurdle until the already from other 3D programs known working techniques are understood in this new context. But as soon as the understanding is taking over, you begin to love Houdini FX and its ways of working :-)!